Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Day I Went Sour

When the sun rises in the morning, it seems all pure and innocent. Until it blinds you and you can't see straight. Wafting the scent of the lemon juice, attacking my nostrils like a million bugs crawling into your nasal cavity. Next step was taking a sip, as it reached my lips, I could already feel the burning sensation as it travelled into my mouth.
The pungent bitter taste hits my tongue like the war of 1812. Swirling the concoction around, my mouth is burning as if a dragon was living inside of it. Just waiting to breathe its fiery flame. The bitter sauce rolling around the sides of my cheeks similar to a race track. Looking into my Dixie cup, I still have a little bit left. The foggy, pale yellow fluid just sitting there, waiting to be absorbed. When it sloshes about in my oral cavity it is the similar sound to using mouth wash.  
Realizing the little amount I have, I ask myself, “Do I want to go through that again?” Being the courageous person I am, I once again take the plunge and that is when the dragon acts up again. And I think to myself, “I have officially regretted doing this.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment